SQuirreL SQL for DB2 on iSeries

In the data migration project I'm currently in, the data is located on an AS/400 and I need to access it trough a DB2 connection.
The iSeries Navigator sql interface has some interesting features, like the visual query explain, but it lacks some basic features, like syntax highlight and saving properties changes.
Therefor I've decided to use something else.

I've downloaded SQuirreL SQL and installed it. SQuirreL SQL supports any JDBC connection, since it is written in Java, and during installation I've selected the JDBC for iSeries AS/400 connection.

Then I downloaded JTOpen, the OS/400 and i5/OS JDBC. The installation is quite simple, just unzip the file and update the CLASSPATH to refer the .jar file, I'm using jt400.jar driver.

When SQuirreL SQL starts, it automatically detects the JTOpen(AS/400) driver, so all I had to do was to create a database connection using that driver. I did some configurations on the connection, in particular I only load, and cache, the necessary schemas for my work.

I already had tried SQuirreL SQL with JTOpen to access AS/400 before. It was an older version and it crashed too many times to be really useful.
But this time it seems to be stable, so I'll stick with it for now, unless I find some limitations or something better comes up.

Update: some limitations have came up, and I changed to DbVisualizer.

./M6