Asus WL-500g Premium

I have an Asus WL-500g Premium and I've just upgraded the firmware, plugged a 640Gb external hard drive (actually it's a Conceptronic CM3S media center), set up the Dynamic-DNS system (a free account from DynDNS.com) and configured the access with username and password.

The whole thing works just fine.

Now I have access to a network drive both from my intranet, via Samba, and from the internet via FTP.

I had to do one trick though, since the router node sharing with authentication has specific requirements.
I had to set up one user for each shared node plus one with access to all nodes.
I had to do this because via FTP a user could only access one predefined node, therefor I had to set up one user per node, and via Samba I could not use distinct users to access different nodes on the same partition, so I had to setup an extra user with access to all nodes.

This trick was was easy to do and it solved my problem.

./M6