ZON ISP (Bad) as Usual

I'm considering changing my Internet Service Provider (ISP).

I currently have a optical fiber connection, fiber to the home (FTTH), from TVTel at 30Mbit/s.
But TVTel was acquired by ZON and so I'm considered migrating to it, since the value for money seems better, at approximately the same cost I can get a 50Mbit/s optical fiber connection.

But ZON has three major problems:
  1. Extremely bad reputation when it comes to ISP;
  2. Lousy customer service;
  3. the ZON optical fiber solution is not FTTH.
They are fighting the first couple of problems and the fact is that the number of complaints against them has seen a serious decrease.
But all this made me delay the decision for some months, to see if there were other ISPs that would provide me FTTH.
Unfortunately no one else provides FTTH on the area, and since ZON seems to be discontinuing the TVTel infrastructure that they bought, that leaves the optical fiber to the local node and coaxial cable solution.

So, I decided to give it a try, specially because there is a one month trial period were one can cancel the service if one is not satisfied.
And currently, I'm not a satisfied customer. The 50Mbit/s connection on the signed contract is actually working at less than 10% of the speed.
Here is this morning speed measure from the organization responsible for the internet in Portugal, Fundação para a Computação Científica Nacional
(FCCN), where it says that this morning I almost got an "astonishing" 5Mbit/s connection:

ZON internet connection speed meter.

Look at the red graph speed on the right of the picture. Yes, it says that if we were in 2002 and using an ADSL 4Mbit/s connect that would be great. Unfortunately this we're on the end of the first decade of the 21st Century and I have a signed contract for 50Mbit/s.
For details, check the numbers on the left, the first number is the maximum download speed, the second is the average download speed, the third is the maximum upload speed and the fourth is the average upload speed.
There's no doubt what so ever, ZON optical fiber connection is easily beaten by a 8Mbit/s ADSL connection.

Here's the download information detail

ZON internet download speed.

Check the graphs on the bottom. It not even gets close to 5Mbit/s and the average speed is just above 1.2Mbit/s and the speed is just not constant, it jumps up and down.
Remember that this is an optical fiber 50Mbits/s connection.

And here is my current TV Tel 30Mbit/s download speed data, taken immediately after I got the lousy speed from ZON.

TVTel internet download speed.

The average speed is just below 22MBit/s, the first value on the left. The maximum speed is just above 22MBit/s and the minimum speed is just above 20Mbit/s. The connection is stable, regular, linear, smooth and, above all, fast!

Let me correct my first sentence on this post: "I was considering changing my ISP", because with a service like this one, ZON will definitely not get a contract with me.
But the first ISP that provides me FTTH will probably.

./M6